Steps | Timing | Resources
The campaign planning guide is structured around these recommended stages for creating marketing campaigns and these key questions:
1. Goals and tracking. What do we want to achieve through our campaign and how will we know when we achieve it?
2. Insight and targeting. Which target audiences are we trying to reach in order to achieve our goals?
3. Key messages and offers. Which storytelling ideas, content and product-related offers will reach and convert our audience? What is the positioning of our company, products and services?
4. Reach: media plan and budget. Which channels will you use to engage and influence your target audience? What will be the sequence and integration of media activities?
5. Act: Audience engagement. How will we encourage interest in our campaigns? How about the content assets and creative hosted on campaign landing pages or on websites and how will they seek to share via social networks? How can we generate leads that can convert to sales.
6. Convert: Optimise and test. How do we link interaction and engagement with the campaign assets through to purchase intent and sales.
7. Engage: Advocacy and Sharing. How do we encourage engagement for existing customers and advocacy to share the word about the campaign?